CCSA seeks talented, qualified employees in all of our operations. CCSA offers a full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, long-term health), AD&D, life insurance, and 401k plan. CCSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Technical writer designs and builds templates for technical and validation documentation. Assists developers with creating application support documentation. Executes and delivers data management reports for internal and external customers. Develops and maintains validation documentation from requirements generation through validation summary reporting. Assists in creating, editing, and revising documents such as IT/DM standard operating procedures (SOPs), system descriptions, coding documentation, and validation documentation. Tracks and maintains IT/DM project plans and Gantt charts. Ensures that all project-required and customer-required documents are created and updated according to CCSA SOPs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design templates for all development and validation documentation using CCSA styles as outlined in the CCSA Style Guide.
- Assists in editing documents for accuracy and appropriate style. Checks content, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Verifies all documents for a given project are completed and routed for signatures.
- Identifies missing documentation from current projects and creates them.
- Tracks dates and versions of documents and ensures that documents are updated according to contract and SOP requirements.
- Catalogs and maintains a folder structure for document storage.
- Assists in writing, compiling, formatting, and assembling project plans.
- Writes, updates, and maintains SOPs for in-house and corporate IT/DM procedures.
- Reviews SOPs to make sure changes are done regularly.
- Assists in researching, writing, revising, and producing training material for products and systems created by CCSA.
- Assists in researching, editing, and tracking the IT/DM sections of government-required documentation.
- Tracks project and task progress using project plan and MS Project.
- Works under the direction of the Sr. Director of IT/DM Resources or designee.
- Relies on experience, creativity, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Approximately 50% document preparation and 50% project/document tracking.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat
- Comprehensive understanding of English grammar and excellent editorial skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and is detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and under deadline pressure.
Education and Work Experience
- BA/BS in related field.
- At least two years’ experience in technical writing or other comparable position (e.g., preparation/editing of technical manuals, user guides, etc.).
*Note: Incomplete applications (e.g., missing cover letter and/or writing sample) will not be considered. For the formal writing sample, if part of a multi-author publication, please explain what your contribution was.